On the playhouse front, the early part of the continued to be dominated by wet conditions. We finally got a break in the rain on Friday. Yesterday, I picked up bags of concrete and fresh footing mold tubes with the goal of pouring all 4 post footings.
Fortunately, the weather cooperated long enough to complete the task. All footings were at least 6 inches thick, with some of them 8-12 inches into the ground. As I mentioned in a previous post, I hit a lot of limestone at varying depths during the post hole dig.
I set 5/8″ carriage bolts in the concrete to receive the Simpson Strong Tie post bases, leaving about an inch of bolt exposed. The carriage bolts were not perfectly centered in the concrete form, but they were positioned where the batter boards/strings/plumb bob said they should be.
On the work front, my team demonstrated progress on our latest generation of virtual appliances and AMIs. We’re close to completion on them, and I’m looking forward to the next set of stories teed up for the team.